Who can be a Member of the Aurora Branch AAUW
Membership is open to women and men who hold an associate degree or equivalent, or a baccalaureate or higher degree from a qualified educational institution.
Why be a Member of the Aurora Branch AAUW-IL
- Socialize and network with like-minded individuals
- Promote equality and education for women and girls
- Expand your thinking through Books by Night and the Movie Group
- Reach out to the local youth in Reality Store
- Support graduate women through the Educational Foundation
- Support for gender discrimination plaintiffs through the Legal Advocacy Fund
- Make an impact on your local, state, and national community
Where can you find out more about the Aurora Branch AAUW
Prospective members and guests are always encouraged to attend our general meetings and events. Check out the calendar to find out what’s coming up.
What does it cost to be a member of the Aurora Branch AAUW
When you join AAUW you become part of the national organization as well as the local group. The membership dues are as follows:
National: $49.00 State: $10.00 Local $21.00 Total $80.00
How can you join the Aurora Branch AAUW-IL
Renewing Dues Online
- Go to www.aauw.org
- Log on as a member (click the Log on tab at very top of the page and follow instructions)
- In the second row from the top, click Membership (to renew branch membership, use the tab on top at this step. The left side menu will take you to the wrong form).
- In the gray menu on left, select Join/Renew. Be careful to only click once.
- In the new window, scroll down. In the center under Branch Members select the purple Join/Renew tab.
- In the new window, scroll to Join/Renew Online. Under that heading, select the Purple Renew Now tab for Returning Branch Member in the bottom right hand corner.
- In blue menu on the left, under Membership Payment Program, select Renew My Membership.
- You should now be able to enter information about credit card payment.
National will send an email confirmation to the branch treasurer alerting her of your dues payment.